Client Questionnaire for Your First Meeting
Meeting with a potential client and don't know where to start? Download our common client questionnaire to help you make the most of your first meeting.
First time client meetings are one of the most crucial points of the client acquisition process. One wrong move and you could lose a potential client forever. One right move and you could earn the their trust and potential business. Do you know what questions to ask in this meeting? Do you have a strict questionnaire you stick to or do you just wing it? If it is the latter, you may want to consider downloading a copy of our client questionnaire at the end of this article.
Figure out what your client wants right from the start. This prevents you from wasting their time and them from wasting yours. Our client questionnaire is not the most involved thing we do in the first meeting, but it does put us on the right path when we talk with our clients. So, take a look at our common questions and add your own or print the PDF attached to this article and bring it with you. Remember, this client questionnaire is not set in stone, Use it as a template to get you started…it should give you a pretty good head start.
Client Company Background
- What kind of business does your company do?
- How many years or months has the business been in operation?
- How many employees does your business have?
- Describe your typical customer?
- Do you have competitors locally or nationally?
- What is your business address and phone number?
- What is the best way for us to contact you? If by email, what is it?
- What is the purpose of this project or design / redesign?
- What do you want out of the final project?
- How many pages are needed?
- Will you provide the content of do we need to do the copy writing?
- Do you have any specific project instructions?
- What are the technical requirements of this project?
- Any specific usability required for your visitors?
- Do you have any examples or competitors that you would like me to look at?
- Who will be the direct contact for this project?
- Are there any specific times you are available if questions arise?
- Do you envision any potential problems that may arise within this project?
Contract / Budget
- What is the budget for this project? (Gauge your client before asking this question)
- What is your expected deadline?
- How will you be making your payment?
- Do you have payments terms from this project?
Follow Up After Project is Complete
- Do you have any suggestions for me or my company for future clients?
- How do you think your project went?
- Will you need maintenance for this project? If so, how often?
- Would you be willing to provide a testimonial for the work that was done? If so, can I use this project and testimonial in my portfolio?
- Are there any other projects or services that I can provide?
- How often do you need these types of services? If you do need these types of services, is it ok if we follow up with you over time to see if our services are needed again?
Using our general client questionnaire you can easily gauge your potential client and get the most out of your first meeting without bombarding them with information they do not need to know or could care less about. Add your own questions that reflect what you do.
Follow this up with our solid online contract and you should have the hard part of client initiation out of the way with the first meeting.
Have any input? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
If you are interested in learning more about how this topic can help your business, please contact our agency on our contact page or call us at 1-888-964-4991. We publish a new article once or twice per month so make sure to follow us on social media and allow for push notifications if you want to stay in the loop with our agency and digital marketing.